Hey Guys & Dolls!
A few weeks ago, SimplyBe asked me to create a series of Beauty Looks breaking down a classic party look. I thought this would be the perfect time to break down one of the most sought-after looks, A Classic Meets Modern Pin Up! For the next few weeks I’ll be breaking down the anatomy of a Pin-Up look: the Winged Liner, Perfected Skin, False Lashes and The Perfect Red Lip! Today we’re exploring Thick Winged Liner! Read more
*press samples*Hey Guys & Dolls!
About 3 months ago I was scrolling through Instagram and I saw this drool-worthy necklace that LetzMakeup posted. I ached for this rainbow statement necklace, but since Siobhán lives in Ireland, I didn’t think I’d be able to get one for myself. A few days later I was browsing choies.com and what do I discover but the very same necklace! To celebrate this transatlantic bauble love, I asked Shiv if she wanted to collaborate and do makeup looks inspired by the necklace, and then film the outfits we’d wear with the makeup. This is a great opportunity to show you guys how I pair a wild look with an outfit. With this much color, it’s great to do a monochrome/greyscale look with the clothing; The outfit is still fun and in keeping with my signature style, just toned down to let the jewelry and makeup shine.
Please check out Letzmakeup’s version (SO COOL) and don’t forget to Subscribe!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills “Medium Ash” Brow Wiz
- MAC Pro Concealer Palette
- Laura Mercier “Vanilla Nuts” Eyeshadow
- Scotch Tape
- Urban Decay Vice Palette; “Prank”, “Madness”, “Damaged”, “Stash”, “Betrayal” and “X-Rated” Eyeshadows
- Urban Decay “Eldorado” 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner
- Physician’s Formula Eye Booster “Ultra Black”
- Urban Decay “Asphyxia” and “Perversion”24/7 Pencil Liner
- Sugarpill “Dollipop” Eyeshadow
- Blinc Amplified Mascara
- Miss Adoro 445-Red
- Urban Decay Brightening & Tightening Primer
- Illamasqua Skinbase (3.5+White)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Chantilly”
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural “Light”
- MAC Strada Blush
- tarte “frisky” blush
- Hourglass Ambient Light Powder “Dim Light”
- MAC Prep & Prime Lip
- Urban Decay “Anarchy” Revolution Lipstick
Earrings, gift from friend; Necklace, Choies.com, Dress,Torrid.com; Tights, Assets Red Hot Label; Ankle Boots, Torrid, Faux Leather Jacket, SimplyBe.
A voice called me, from deep in the sea, “Dry your eyes my dear fishermen your ass belongs to me” – Cruel Mistress, Flogging Molly
Hello Guppies and Dolphins!
Today I bring you the Sea Queen. I’ve always been a little obsessed with the sea. I grew up listening to a lot of Celtic music (traditional, rock, Scot fusion, Irish punk, etc) and I love sailor songs. One that I drew a lot of inspiration for this look is Flogging Molly’s Cruel Mistress. The song is about him not getting over a girl on dry land and then setting out for the sea to get over her (it doesn’t work). Now the Sea, turbulent, cold and ruthless is his cruel mistress. Read more
Hey Guys & Dolls!
Longtime no blog! As you may have noticed, I didn’t do any tutorials during December, and pretty much only posted my giveaways here. For most of the last 5 weeks I’ve been really sick- I had a horrible cold followed by 2-3 weeks of bronchitis (I’m on an inhaler and feeling MUCH better!). I thought the perfect way to slip back into the blogging groove would be a Disney Princess themed look! Read more