Hi Guys & Dolls!
I love this time of year- the air gets cooler, you can bust out your scarves and hats, and Halloween is upon us! This year I’m bringing you a series of costume & makeup tutorials centered around a theme starting with the Neo-Victorian Steampunk Era. For those of you not familiar with Steampunk, click here.
My Character is an Airship Pirate- Think of her as the female version of Captain Shakespear from Stardust (My Fave Movie!!) A ruthless pirate by reputation, and a dandy in private (thus the jewelry). Is it weird that I want to wear this all the time? After filming I actually went to get Five Guys wearing this- I caused quite the stir! A costume like this is my favorite kind- it’s sexy, but not in an over-exposed kind of way. It leaves an instant impression, and makes you feel powerful and sexy!
List of Makeup Used:
- Sigma Persuade Eyeshadow Base
- Makeup Geek Bitten, Bada Bing, Corrupt & Cocoa Bear Eyeshadows
- Makeup Geek Liquid Gold Pigment
- Makeup Geek Poison Gel Liner
- Lorac Undercover Eyeshadow
- Physician’s Formula Ultra Black Eye Liner
- Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Eye Liner
- MAC Veluxe Brow Pencil Deep Brunette
- Blinc Mascara
- Ardell Wine Demi Wispies
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless
- Illamasqua Skinbase 3.5 & White mixed
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NW15
- MAC Studio Fix Powder NW15
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Princess Bronzer
- NARS Orgasm Blush
- Urban Decay Liar & Native 24/7 Lip Liner
- Urban Decay Native Revolution Lipstick
- Ophelia Underbust Corset (Read size chart- order according to instructions)
- I recommend a nude bra if you choose to wear white- or go wild and let your red bra show!
- Bell Sleeve Dress (order by dress size on size chart)
- Atomic Ray Goggles (I painted mine an antique gold using nail polish)
- The Green Goggles I got at a Costume Shop in Berkeley off of Bancroft
- Wig- Arda Wigs “Claudia”- This wig comes with tight ringlet curls that I brushed out and rewound to give the hair a softer look. The color of my wig is “Dark Copper red”
- Matte Leather Look Leggings-Asos Curve
- Brown Boots- Torrid
- Jewelry- From my personal collection of modern pieces and genuine antiques- you can find amazing pieces everywhere from Michaels/craft stores, to thrift shops and estate sales! My large amber necklace was 1.99 at goodwill, my pocket watch is a genuine piece from the 1800′s.
- Nail Polish- Wallis by Butter London
Please feel free to share the video or this post- It helps me out tremendously!