Hey Guys & Dolls!
HOLY CATS! How long has it been since I did a colorful makeup tutorial? Since my Fourth of July look, right? What the junk! The last few months have been busy, and I’ve had ALL THE THINGS up in the air at once, and I was completely stressed but trying to be ok. For a while I wasn’t feeling like myself, and I was just too stressed to bother with fun makeup. I joined a Gym, I did the retail therapy thing, I went on nature filled vacation to get outside myself, but I realized I needed to give myself a longer break than expected. And most importantly, let go of the criticisms from my worst critic-me. After my lake vacation I spent a weekend on my couch watching Sex and the City with my sister (is there a better therapy?).
Finally I tried to film, but something was preventing me from creating a worthy tutorial. I even had trouble doing simple winged liner. It was like writers block for a makeup artist- Makeup Block. And I hold myself to a high standard -which is why I had a long period with zero videos. I told myself- NO NEW VIDEOS, no tags, no hauls until you have something amazing to share. Tags and hauls are fun, but the focus of my channel is Makeup Tutorials, Reviews and Fashion. Then a package of neons arrived from Sugarpill and my creative juices started flowing again. I may not LOVE the ElektroCutes, but they still got me out of my funk. Kind of like “How Stella got her groove back” but with make up instead of a hot younger man.
I’m back! As I type this I’m jamming out out to Tom Petty (one of my faves) and sipping on an iced coffee. I have a huge list of upcoming video ideas, blogging ideas and it doesn’t stress me out- I’m excited about it. Thanks for sticking with me, I love you guys (and dolls).
LIST OF PRODUCTS
- Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer
- Tarte Smooth Operator Concealer “Fair” & MAC Mylar eyeshadow-brow highlight
- Wet ‘n’ Wild I Heart Matte Palette -Transitional color
- MAC “Norturnelle” Eyeshadow -Crease
- Sugarpill “Poison Plum” -Deep Crease
- Sigma “Catch” Eyeshadow- Transitional color, inner and outer corner
- Sugarpill “Supercharged” ElektroCute -Lid
- Make Up For Ever “9″ Eyeshadow -Inner Crease
- E.L.F. Eye Transformer Palette -Near Tear Duct
- Makeup Geek “Immortal” gel liner & Physician’s Formula Eye Booster- Winger Liner
- Anastasia “Noir” Covet Liner- inner rims
- Makeup Geek “Peacock” Eyeshadow- smudged into outer lower lashline
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow “10″ – Eyebrows
- Blinc Mascara Amplified
- Katy Perry “Ka-Pow” Lashes
- Paula’s Choice Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30-moisturizer, sunscreen & primer
- Illamasqua Skin Base 3.5 -foundation
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder- setting powder
- NYX Taupe Blush -contour
- MAC Warm Soul- Blush
- Hourglass Ambient Light “Dim Light”- Highlight
Urban Decay Revolution Lovelight & Catfight